One of the most known delicacies in the Philippines is the pilipit which are usually sold on some provinces and is a popular pasalubong in the past. But now you can see this in supermarkets and grocery stores.
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
oil for deep frying
How to make pilipit
- Mix and sift dry ingredients. Beat egg and add to milk.
- Add sifted dry ingredients and knead until smooth.
- Make very long thick roll and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Roll each piece to 4 inches long and twist to bring ends together.
- Deep fry in hot oil; when brown, remove and dip in thick syrup, if desired.