Cassava Peanut Roll
A delicious dessert made from grated cassava, glutinous rice, coconut milk, chopped peanuts, peanut butter and sugar. This is a fun and easy way of making a cassava delicacy without baking. Using strawberry jelly is optional but it is even more tastier if you add this with the peanut butter.
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1¼ cup cassava, grated
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ¼ cup malagkit, glutinous rice,toasted and ground
- ¼ cup peanut, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. strawberry jelly (optional)
- Boil coconut milk and sugar in a saucepan. Add the grated cassava. Stir until thick.
- Add the butter and continue stirring over moderate heat.
- Remove from fire and add malagkit and chopped peanuts. Continue stirring until smooth.
- Roll out mixture in a medium sized baking tray (8''x 5'') lined with waxed paper and sprinkled thinly with ground glutinous rice.
- Spread the peanut butter and strawberry jelly. Roll and cut into 1 - 1 & ½ inch thick slices.