1 cup malagkit (glutinous rice)
4 cups rice flour, toasted until light brown
2 cups sugar
1 cup coconut milk
1 & 1/2 cups toasted shredded coconut
How to make espasol
- Boil the malagkit. Place sugar, anise seeds and coconut milk in a saucepan; let boil until thick.
- Add toasted shredded coconut and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add boiled malagkit, stir and cook until thick.
- Remove from fire and add 3 cups toasted rice flour.
- Mix with a wooden spoon and pass through a cornmeal grinder.
- Divide into 2 parts and roll (about 2-1/2-inch in diameter). using the rest of the rice flour for rolling.
- Slice into 1/2-inch thick pieces. Yield: 30 pieces.