1 & 1/2 cups grated kamoteng-kahoy (Cassava)
1 & 1/2 cups grated yellow kamote (Sweet potatoes)
1/4 cup coconut milk, 1st extraction
7 tablespoons brown sugar
Banana leaves for Wrapping
How to cook iraid:
- Squeeze the grated kamoteng-kahoy and yellow kamote to extract some of the juice.
- Add the extracts to the coconut milk, then the brown sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Mix the kamoteng-kahoy and yellow kamote very well and combine with the coconut mixture.
- Wrap 3 table spoons of this mixture in a piece of banana leaf (8″ x 5″) which has been wilted over an open flame.
- Tie in pairs and steam for 30 minutes. Allow to cool and serve.