Masapan de Buko
2 cups grated buko
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 (300 ml) can condensed milk
2 tbsp butter
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp cornstarch
Evaporated milk for brushing
Diced glazed fruit for garnishing
How to make Masapan de Buko
- In saucepan, combine first 2 ingredients; cook over low heat15 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Beat next 3 ingredients together in bowl and stir into buko mixture.
- Continue cooking and stirring over low heat until mixture separates from sides of pan.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Pour into muffin pan lined with 1 & 1/2 inches paper cups.
- Brush top with evaporated milk and garnish with diced glazed fruit.
- Bake at 350°F 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Makes 2 dozen servings.
Categories: Native Delicacies