Squash Cuchinta Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup + 3 tbsp water
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup squash, boiled and mashed
1/2 tbsp lihia
oil for greasing mould
coconut, freshly grated
How to make Squash Cuchinta
- Dissolve 1/2 cup sugar in water. Boil and cool. Sift flour and add little by little to the cooled syrup while stirring.
- Add the mashed squash. Blend and strained the lihia. Mix thoroughly.
- Line cuchinta molders (muffin pans can be used as substitute) with oil.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of squash mixture into each molder. Cover with cheese cloth or waxed paper.
- Steam for 2 minutes or until set. Serve with grated coconut. Serves 15 persons.
See More Native Delicacies
Try Other Recipes :
Brown Sugar Kutsinta ( Cuchinta )
Here is a recipe of cuchinta without any artificial coloring. The brown color produce is fro ...
Ingredients:1 can (439 g) DEL MONTE Fiesta Fruit Cocktail,well drained 2 cups mashed kala ...
Ingredients:2 cups boiled squash, mashed 2 cups corn starch 2 cups coconut milk 1 ...
Categories: Native Delicacies
About Filipino Vegetarian Recipes
Welcome to all my visitors and to those who regularly visit my site. As you are aware of, there are many diseases we know now that can easily transmit to human beings: One of the well known is mad cow disease. This disease is incurable and it is sad to know that victims die from […]more →