1/2 cup sugar
1 cup + 3 tbsp water
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup squash, boiled and mashed
1/2 tbsp lihia
oil for greasing mould
coconut, freshly grated
How to make Squash Cuchinta
- Dissolve 1/2 cup sugar in water. Boil and cool. Sift flour and add little by little to the cooled syrup while stirring.
- Add the mashed squash. Blend and strained the lihia. Mix thoroughly.
- Line cuchinta molders (muffin pans can be used as substitute) with oil.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of squash mixture into each molder. Cover with cheese cloth or waxed paper.
- Steam for 2 minutes or until set. Serve with grated coconut. Serves 15 persons.