Turones Filipino Con Yema
For the Yema:
1 can condensed milk
2 tbsp butter
4 pcs egg yolks
1 tbsp rum
For the Turones:
9 pcs banana, saba variety
33 pcs lumpia wrapper
17 pcs langka strips
3 & 1/3 cups vegetable oil
For the Topping:
roasted cashew nuts
cherries for garnishing
How to make Turones Filipino Con Yema
- Make yema. Combine egg yolks and condensed milk in double boiler.
- Cook until thick, mixing continuously. Remove from heat. Add butter and rum. Cool.
- Make turones. Peel bananas and cut into four lengthwise pieces. Pat-dry.
- Wrap 1 piece banana and 2 to 3 strips langka in lumpia wrapper. Seal.
- Fry in oil over medium heat until golden brown. Drain. Dip turones in yema.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over turones with fork, then sprinkle with chopped toasted nuts. Garnish with cherries.