This is a recipe for fried kangkong leaves with egg batter mixture. Kangkong is very abundant here in our country and there are many dishes that can be cooked with it.
4 bunches kangkong leaves, cleaned
1 & 1/2 cup water
3 cups corn starch
5 cups cooking oil
1 cup flour
1 pc boiled egg, grated medium
salt and monosodium glutamate ( MSG) to taste
How to cook Crispy KangKong:
- Wash kangkong and drain leaves thoroughly. Remove leaves from stem. Set aside.
- In a clean mixing bowl combine cornstarch, flour, egg, MSG, salt and water ( batter mixture ).
- Mix until smooth in consistency. Heat oil to 250°F and reduce fire to medium.
- Dip kangkong leaves one by one in batter and deep fry until crispy.
- Put fried leaves in a plate lined with table tissue to drain oil from kangkong leaves.
- Serve with sauce on the side.
Categories: Vegetarian Main Dish Recipes