2 cup all purpose-flour
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
3/4 cup water
2 cup green papaya, grated
1 pc onion, chopped
200 g small fresh shrimps, cleaned ( for vegans: subtitute with vegemeat or tofu )
1 cup oil for frying
How to make papaya ukoy
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and water together to make a smooth batter.
- Add grated papaya and onion.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of mixture in a saucer to form patties and press 2-3 shrimps on top.
- In a large pan or wok, heat cooking oil.
- Deep fry the patties until golden brown and crispy. Drain in absorbent paper towels.
- Serve hot with vinegar and garlic sauce.