With this recipe, you can give them the chance to taste vegetables in a different way-crisp and tangy.
- 250 grams sweet potato (kamote), strips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 250 grams squash, strips
- 500ml cooking oil
- 100 grams carrots, strips
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup malunggay leaves
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 pc bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- Combine water, egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix, add all vegetables and blend well.
- Make sure that they are well coated with egg-flour mixture.
- Drop by spoonful into hot oil to form mini-okoy and fry until golden brown.
- Drain excess oil using a strainer. Serve with dipping sauce.
Vinegar Dipping Sauce:
- Mix 1/2 cup cane vinegar with a tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and 1 tsp. soy sauce.
- Add 1 tbsp. chopped onion and 2 segment garlic.
FOOD FOR THOUGHTS: Feeding children with vegetable is easy. With this recipe, you can give them the chance to taste vegetables in a different way-crisp and tangy. Served with vinegar dipping sauce or catsup, it is good as appetizer main meal.