With this recipe, you can give them the chance to taste vegetables in a different way-crisp and tangy.
250 grams sweet potato (kamote), strips
1 cup all-purpose flour
250 grams squash, strips
500ml cooking oil
100 grams carrots, strips
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup malunggay leaves
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 pc bell pepper, chopped
1 cup water
1 medium onion, chopped
How to cook Vegetable Okoy:
- Combine water, egg, flour, salt and pepper.
- Mix, add all vegetables and blend well.
- Make sure that they are well coated with egg-flour mixture.
- Drop by spoonful into hot oil to form mini-okoy and fry until golder brown.
- Drain excess oil using a strainer. Serve with dipping sauce.
Vinegar Dipping Sauce:
- Mix 1/2 cup cane vinegar with a tbsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper and 1 tsp. soy sauce.
- Add 1 tbsp. chopped onion and 2 segment garlic.
FOOD FOR THOUGHTS: ( Sort of…)
Feeding children with vegetable is easy. With this recipe, you can give them the chance to taste vegetables in a different way-crisp and tangy. Served with vinegar dipping sauce or catsup, it is good as appetizer main meal.